Friday, August 13, 2010

Arrows


Things happen. And we're still here. That's what my Grandma told me tonight, and it's so incredibly true. Things are going to happen, and in the end we're still here. I go back to school in a couple of weeks, and as much as I love the comfort of home I can't help but acknowledge the pang in my gut telling me that I'm not supposed to be here. I felt this way last Winter when I started coming home from college every other weekend. Things moved forward, people progressed forward. Staying where you're comfortable may feel okay for a little while, and it's good to go back to your roots and enjoy what's familiar---but stay put to long and you'll get stuck. You can not stand still. You must move forward. It's time. It's time to move forward. And keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment