Thursday, June 24, 2010

Overwhelmed

Alright so I guess another blog just to say something. I saw this quote the other day and I thought I'd share it with the masses:

"Man has a limited biological capacity for change. When this capacity is overwhelmed, the capacity is in future shock." ---Alvin Toffler

How true is that? Rhetorical question. It's incredibly true. I feel like every time there is a shift or a change in my life, I get unbelievably overwhelmed with self doubt that I just stop. I shut down. I go, for lack of a better term, into "shock". I feel like every question I had about why I do this--has been answered in two sentences. Biological or not, every time I go into system overload...I get stunned and just need time to regroup. More often than not, I don't have enough (or feel like I don't) time to react to life's little bitch slap. And since life is a perpetual change, maybe that's why I feel like I'm in constant shock. Right when I get settled in, something shifts and there I am...adjusting. Shocked, but alert.

No comments:

Post a Comment