Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Self Librarian

I read something today and it really stuck: "I am not a librarian of my own work. It's good not to get too involved with what you have done." I need to start reminding myself to cut myself some slack. I think I'm to critical of everything that I do and I need to be more open to making mistakes, and allowing myself to have them without worrying so much about it. I feel like a release is coming. Maybe of some resentment, anger, bitterness, hope...I'm not totally sure. But, a release of some sort. I set my expectations for this Summer really high. I wanted change, something new and exciting. But maybe my change is no change at all. Maybe it's something I can't see. Maybe it's something I can change on the inside. And I can feel it. I'm so incredibly close and on the verge of an inner breakthrough. I know, it's cheesy but I hope everyone has felt this feeling at some point. The pinnacle of anticipation, the feeling of knowing something--but nothing at all. I just need to remind myself that I make mistakes, and I will make more. And that it's okay. I can learn from them or choose not to. But at the end of the day, I'm not responsible for looking back, only looking forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment